Whitsand Bay Hotel are totally committed to the privacy of our guests and suppliers.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are rules which apply to all companies processing and holding the personal data of people residing in the EU.
What personal information do we hold?
- Contact names
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers (both landline and mobile)
- Debit/Credit card details (if you have paid by card)
Why do we collect/keep your information?
We collect your information when you contact us to make a reservation, so we can:
- make the initial reservation
- send you quotes
- send you invoices & card/payment receipts
- contact you regarding our latest offers
We never pass on any of this information to third parties for marketing purposes
Our secure computer server holds this information until it is not required by us anymore. We may also keep paper copies of information (e.g. credit/debit card payment receipts, copies of reservations made) in a locked room within our locked offices.
Your details are kept on our records for as long as you wish them to be. Following HMRC guidelines, when you no longer wish us to have your details, we have to keep this information on our accounting database and/or archive files for 7 years.
What are your rights over your personal information?
You have the right to request:
- access to your personal data we hold about you
- the correction of your personal data when incorrect or incomplete
- removal of any personal data you feel is not relevant to trading with us
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time. To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this privacy notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.